Since I plan on starting a RvB fan fic archive soon, I thought it might be best to go through and make a note of the fics I actually enjoyed and want to get around to archiving. Instead of doing it on my hard drive, though, I thought I'd go ahead and post them in my LJ as reccs. So, here's the first batch:Break These Chains
- This is a violent, pre-RvB Church/Tex fic. It's not how I usually like to think of Tex, Church, or their relationship, but there's something compelling about it. Major warnings apply, though. Langauge, explicit sex, dubious-to-non-con activity. Death
- A short, bittersweet Donut/Sister piece. The imagery is amazing and it's beautifully written. Hours
- Pre-RvB Simmons story. Writer's summary: Young Simmons, new to high school -- 'nuff said
This is part of Michy's very amazing, very fascinating Simmons backstory. The Broiler Room
- Simmons/Grif (yay!) and some Church/Tex. Michy's summary: Tex collects the "favor" Simmons and Grif owe her.
This has to be some of my favorite interaction between Tex and the Reds...however brief. There's also some great Simmons/Grif interaction.The Room Above the Broiler Room
- Companion piece to The Broiler Room. Tells the events from the perspective of Tex and Church.
And that's it for now.